FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why can't I log in?
- I Requested UPS 2nd Day Shipping--Where Are My Books?
- My Order Says Its Been Packed--Not Shipped?
- I Preferred Used Copies, But My Grand Total Seems Higher Than I Expected
- What Is My Account Number?
- I Ordered The Wrong Textbook, Now What?
- What If I Live Outside Of Morehead And I Need To Return Books?
- Textbook Requirements Have Not Yet Been Determined For This Course
- Are Textbooks The Same For All Sections Of A Course?
- What can I purchase on my student account?
- Why am I asked for an address when I would like my books set to Pick Up at Store?
- My credit card was declined? Everything is fine with it, what happened?
- My professor requires a different book than what the Bookstore has listed for the course. Why?
- The University Bookstore lists a book as required but my professor didn't use the book. Why is it listed as required?
- I need to know my University Bookstore charges for tax purposes.
We encourage you to use an e-mail account that you check frequently, even if it is not your University e-mail address. Once you have created an account, your contact and shipping information will remain in our system to streamline your future purchases.
If you know you have previously registered, please use the Recover Password option before creating another account.
here. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
OR RENTED online and live outside of Morehead, you may ship the books back to the University Bookstore. You must include in the box a copy of your receipt, a phone number that we can reach you at, a note explaining the return.
Rented books may only be sent prior to the rental due date!Be sure to write on the box ATTN: Traci before you ship. You are responsible for any shipping fees involved with the return of your textbooks and these fees will not be refunded. The address that you would ship it to is:
150 University Blvd.
Morehead, Ky 40351
Note: Rented books needing to be returned AFTER the due date must have permission from the University Bookstore Text Book staff before being returned. If any RENTED books returned after the rental due date, the renter is still liable for any late fees and/or book replacement fees associated with the rental book.
- Billing address - Make sure that what you have entered into your account information matches your card's billing address exactly as shown on your card account.
- Pre-authorization - In some instances, if you have attempted your order multiple times, the pre-authorizations have accumulated to the point of disallowing your card. With each successive submission you are telling your card company to capture that amount from your account. This can quickly reduce your potential spending. After a period of time without a successful transaction (dependent on your issuer), these pre-authorizations will drop off.
- Card limits - Depending on how your card is set up, you may have exceeded your card's spending limit for the day. Please contact your card issuer.
My professor requires a different book than what the University Store has listed for the course. Why?Faculty members are required to submit their book adoptions by the middle of the previous semester (March and October). If a faculty member has changed course requirements, the faculty member needs to contact the University Store to correct their adoption. The University Store only carries books and materials that are submitted by the faculty or their representative. The University Store must be notified by the faculty or representative directly before any changes can be made to online course listings.
The University Store lists a book as required but my professor didn't use the book. Why is it listed as required?A book listed as "Required" was submitted as such during the adoption period by the professor or their direct representative. The University Store only carries books and materials that are submitted by the faculty or their representative. The submitting faculty member or representative determines what is required, optional, etc. The University Store must be notified by the faculty or representative directly before any changes can be made to course listings.
Please keep all receipts.